Parwich is mentioned in the Domesday book as Pevrewic. Parwich is a largish Derbyshire Village, a few miles north of Ashbourne. The village consists mainly of limestone houses, set around the village green and pond. It contains a number of fine 17th/18thC houses. In 1801 the population was 450 growing to 544 in 1831. In 1846 it contained 3092 acres of fertile land, principally  on limestone and as well as dairy farms it had 110 houses and 533 inhabitants.

The church of St Peter was rebuilt in 1873 by Robinson of Derby, on a much older site possibly going back 800 years. It retains a Norman doorway and chancel arch and contains a fine carved tympanum over the west doorway, showing the lamb of god with a cross, a stag trampling on a serpent, a wolf, and other strange animals.

St Peter's churchyard 

The Sycamore Inn

 Cottage by the Church


The Village of Parwich has a community website here.

More details of Parwich can be found from the Peak District National Park website: 



Parwich and District Local History Society have a web site.
If you wish to find out more about the history of  Parwich click on this button: